Claregladwin Area School
Claregladwin Area School serves 64 students in grades Prekindergarten-12.
Claregladwin Area School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-79% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-79% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the Michigan state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Michigan state average of 34% (majority Black).
Claregladwin Area School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Claregladwin Area School's student population of 64 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Claregladwin Area School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,120 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Claregladwin Area School is 0.04, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.52. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#236 out of 3120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MI Dept. of Education
Review Claregladwin Area School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Public School Police Departments: Combating Traffic, Crime and Budget Cuts
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
Straight from School Gardens to Lunchrooms: Delicious or Dangerous?
School gardens have grown wildly in popularity, but should the harvest from these gardens be used in school cafeterias? Take a bite of the debate and learn about what the opponents and proponents say.
Can Public Schools Force Students to Take AP Courses and Exams?
Some public schools are forcing students in AP courses to take the AP exam. Learn about both sides of the debate and the potential benefits in store for both students and high schools.