Chelwood Elementary School
Chelwood Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Chelwood Elementary School's student population of 582 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||582 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chelwood Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 819 schools in New Mexico (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NM)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Albuquerque School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Abq School Of Excellence Grades: 1-12 | 289 students
13201 Lomas Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87112
(505)353-4325 0.6 1-12 289
- Albuquerque Onate Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 196 students
12415 Brntwd Hls Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87112
(505)880-3744 0.7 PK-5 196
- Albuquerque Apache Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 378 students
12800 Copper St Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87105
(505)880-3744 1.1 PK-5 378
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.