Cherokee Elementary School
- Cherokee Elementary School's student population of 514 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||514 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cherokee Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Memphis Melrose High School Grades: 8-12 | 637 students
Memphis, TN 38114
(901)416-5974 0.8 8-12 637
- Memphis Sharpe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 411 students
3431 Sharpe Rd
Memphis, TN 38111
(901)416-5020 0.9 PK-5 411
- Memphis Bethel Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 294 students
2459 Arlington Av
Memphis, TN 38114
(901)416-5012 1.2 PK-5 294
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.