Chignik Lagoon School
Chignik Lagoon School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Chignik Lagoon School's student population of 11 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||11 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chignik Lagoon School is ranked within the top 10% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lake And Peninsula Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chignik Chignik Bay School Grades: PK-12 | 14 students
Chignik, AK 99564
(907)749-2213 5.1 PK-12 14
- Chignik Lake Chignik Lake School Grades: PK-12 | 13 students
Chignik Lake, AK 99548
(907)845-2210 9.7 PK-12 13
- Perryville Perryville School Grades: PK-12 | 23 students
Perryville, AK 99648
(907)853-2210 36.0 PK-12 23
- Port Heiden Meshik School Grades: PK-12 | 17 students
Port Heiden, AK 99549
(907)837-2210 44.5 PK-12 17
- Pilot Point Pilot Point School Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
Pilot Point, AK 99649
(907)797-2210 93.7 PK-12 12
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.