Meshik School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Meshik School's student population of 17 students has declined by 32% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meshik School is ranked within the top 20% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has decreased from 6:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lake And Peninsula Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chignik Lagoon Chignik Lagoon School Grades: PK-12 | 11 students
Chignik Lagoon, AK 99565
(907)840-2210 44.5 PK-12 11
- Chignik Chignik Bay School Grades: PK-12 | 14 students
Chignik, AK 99564
(907)749-2213 46.1 PK-12 14
- Chignik Lake Chignik Lake School Grades: PK-12 | 13 students
Chignik Lake, AK 99548
(907)845-2210 48.3 PK-12 13
- Pilot Point Pilot Point School Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
Pilot Point, AK 99649
(907)797-2210 57.6 PK-12 12
- Perryville Perryville School Grades: PK-12 | 23 students
Perryville, AK 99648
(907)853-2210 74.4 PK-12 23
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.