Chignik Lake School
- Chignik Lake School's student population of 13 students has declined by 43% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chignik Lake School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 463 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2013-14 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Graduation Rate (14-15)||≥50%|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lake And Peninsula Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chignik Lagoon Chignik Lagoon School Grades: PK-12 | 11 students
Chignik Lagoon, AK 99565
(907)840-2210 9.7 PK-12 11
- Chignik Chignik Bay School Grades: PK-12 | 14 students
Chignik, AK 99564
(907)749-2213 14.3 PK-12 14
- Perryville Perryville School Grades: PK-12 | 23 students
Perryville, AK 99648
(907)853-2210 27.8 PK-12 23
- Port Heiden Meshik School Grades: PK-12 | 17 students
Port Heiden, AK 99549
(907)837-2210 48.3 PK-12 17
- Sand Point Sand Point School Grades: PK-12 | 115 students
123 Red Cove Road
Sand Point, AK 99661
(907)383-2393 91.5 PK-12 115
Choosing the right school for your child can be difficult, but homeschooling may not be the better option. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.