- Chokio-alberta Secondary's student population of 71 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chokio-alberta Secondary is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1784 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Chokio-alberta Secondary is Chokio-alberta Public School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 511 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Chokio-alberta Public School District's student population of 158 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 50% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,955 is higher than the state average of $11,015. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $15,253 is higher than the state average of $11,205. The district spending/student has grown by 18% over four school years.
|School District Name||Chokio-alberta Public School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||158||531|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|District Graduation Rate||≥80%|
|District Total Revenue||$2 MM||$6 MM|
|District Spending||$2 MM||$6 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,955||$11,015|
|District Spending / Student||$15,253||$11,205|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chokio Chokio-alberta Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 87 students
311 1st St West
Chokio, MN 56221
(320)324-7131 0.0 PK-6 87
- Graceville Clinton-graceville-beardsley Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 140 students
712 3rd St
Graceville, MN 56240
(320)748-7233 12.7 7-12 140
- Morris Midwest Special Education Coop. Elementary School Grades: PK | 15 students
600 Columbia Ave
Morris, MN 56267
(320)589-4248 12.8 PK 15
- Morris Morris Area Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 543 students
151 S Columbia Ave
Morris, MN 56267
(320)589-1250 13.1 PK-6 543
- Morris Morris Area Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 485 students
201 S Columbia Ave
Morris, MN 56267
(320)589-4400 13.1 7-12 485
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.