Clay Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 564 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 63%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in AL
- Math Proficiency: 10% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Clay Elementary School's ranking?
Clay Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for: Most diverse schools (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
10% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 24% AL state average), while 40% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% AL state average).
How many students attend Clay Elementary School?
564 students attend Clay Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
52% of Clay Elementary School students are Black, 37% of students are White, 7% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Clay Elementary School?
Clay Elementary School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Alabama state average of 17:1.
What grades does Clay Elementary School offer ?
Clay Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Clay Elementary School part of?
Clay Elementary School is part of Jefferson County School District.
View the Clay Elementary School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Clay Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities