Clay Elementary School
- Clay Elementary School's student population of 614 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||614 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clay Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#323 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Sequoyah School - Chalkville Campus Grades: 7-12
1000 Industrial School Road
Birmingham, AL 35220
(205)680-8574 0.2 7-12 n/a
- Trussville Clay-chalkville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 931 students
6700 Trussville-clay Rd
Trussville, AL 35173
(205)379-3100 0.5 6-8 931
- Pinson Pinson Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 1044 students
6895 Highway 75
Pinson, AL 35126
(205)379-5100 3.8 9-12 1044
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.