Claychalkville Middle School
- Claychalkville Middle School's student population of 941 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||941 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Claychalkville Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#843 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clay Clay Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 585 students
6745 Old Springville Rd
Clay, AL 35048
(205)379-3000 0.5 K-5 585
- Trussville Paine Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 1056 students
7600 Gadsden Highway
Trussville, AL 35173
(205)228-3200 3.7 K-5 1056
- Pinson Pinson Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 995 students
6895 Highway 75
Pinson, AL 35126
(205)379-5100 4.2 9-12 995
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.