Colfax High School
- Colfax High School's student population of 586 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||586 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Colfax High School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1429 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Placer Union High School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Colfax Colfax Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 312 students
24825 Ben Taylor Rd.
Colfax, CA 95713
(530)346-2202 0.3 K-8 312
- Colfax Core Placer Charter Grades: K-12 | 393 students
1033 S. Auburn St.
Colfax, CA 95713
(530)346-8340 1.0 K-12 393
- Grass Valley Chicago Park Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 127 students
15725 Mt. Olive Rd.
Grass Valley, CA 95945
(530)346-2153 2.6 K-8 127
- Grass Valley Alta Sierra Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 304 students
16607 Annie Dr.
Grass Valley, CA 95949
(530)272-2319 4.3 K-5 304
Poor offering of AP classes. Can't even take them until Jr. year. No support for the arts. All the support for their football. Low level of parent involvement. Academic class quality fall very short of other high schools similar size. Wood shop taught in Tech Essentials a computer class, computer instruction consequently very limited. Extracurricular activities are few and far between. The school's main extracurricular expenditure of dollars and time is football. Big bully and drug problems. I overheard a drug exchange while picking up my children in the parking lot. School doesn't seem to be able to handle their discord. Very cliquey, unfriendly atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - iruna
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.