Julesburg School District No. Re1 School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public middle schools in Julesburg School District No. Re1 School District, serving 361 students.
- Public middle schools in Julesburg School District No. Re1 School District have an average math proficiency score of 37% (versus the Colorado public middle school average of 32%), and reading proficiency score of 50% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 30% of public middle schools in Colorado.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Colorado public middle school average of 47% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Colorado public middle school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Julesburg School District No. Re1 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.julesburg.org|
|School District Phone Number||(970) 474-3365|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CO)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||636 Schools|
|# of Students||361 Students||301,276 Students|
|# of Teachers||22 Teachers||17,526 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
- Julesburg School District No. Re1 School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 179 school districts in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 65-69% has increased from 21% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CO)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||2,012 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||10,025 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||61 Students||101,136 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 Students||14,007 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||256 Students||161,158 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 Students||767 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||27 Students||12,159 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||2,470|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||10,813|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||11,353|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||11,243|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||12,093|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||12,276|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||13,737|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||59,387|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||21||67,805|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||16||67,766|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||95||8,665|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||93||7,728|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||67||7,511|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||69||8,429|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,418 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,369. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,404 is less than the state average of $13,060. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CO)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,418||$13,369|
|Spending / Student||$8,404||$13,060|
Julesburg School District No. Re1 School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.