Coral Shores High School
- Coral Shores High School's student population of 737 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||737 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Coral Shores High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#834 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Monroe School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Islamorada Treasure Village Montessori Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 208 students
86731 Overseas Hwy
Islamorada, FL 33036
(305) 852-3482 3.2 PK-8 208
- Miami Dade Juvenile Residential Facility Grades: 6-12 | 47 students
18500 Sw 424th St
Miami, FL 33147
(305) 694-4444 26.4 6-12 47
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.