Plantation Key School
- Plantation Key School's student population of 458 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 41% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||458 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Plantation Key School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#709 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||MONROE School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tavernier Coral Shores High School Grades: 9-12 | 728 students
89901 Old Hwy
Tavernier, FL 33070
(305)853-3222 0.1 9-12 728
- Islamorada Treasure Village Montessori Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
86731 Overseas Hwy
Islamorada, FL 33036
(305)852-3482 3.1 PK-8 219
- Key Largo Hurricane Island Outward Bound Grades: 7-12 | 8 students
100693 Overseas Hwy
Key Largo, FL 33037
(305)242-4881 10.5 7-12 8
This school has been far superior to the others we have experienced in Florida. Unfortunately our kids have been moved around a bit, but this school will handle their last two years of elementary school and middle school .all the teachers have been fantastic. This school uses 21st century skills for students and project-based learning better than the other Public Schools. They want to be on the Forefront of Florida's educational practices. They allow creativity in the classrooms and creative thinking, which is critical for schools and children of today.
- Posted by Parent - KM
The school is student and learning centered and is superior to any other schools that we have experienced in our "other" home state of Michigan.
- Posted by Parent - Tim
This school is a really great, wonderful school. Jokes lamo its terrible.
- Posted by Teacher - Mr. James Enwrong
Academic programs revolve around the FCAT. This school no longer has art, music, or physical education. The facilities are old and are next to a water treatment plant so there is a constant stench of sewage. The parental involvement is extreme. A lot of the parents are teachers here. This is a small community and the students parents that adopt classrooms are favored. Thumbs down all across the board.
- Posted by Parent - holli
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.