Corner High School
Corner High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Corner High School's student population of 537 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||537 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Corner High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,270 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#400 out of 1270 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Warrior Corner Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 463 students
10005 Corner School Road
Warrior, AL 35180
(205) 379-3230 0.0 5-8 463
- Sumiton Sumiton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 627 students
71 1st Street North
Sumiton, AL 35148
(205) 648-5656 7.3 PK-4 627
- Dora Dora High School Grades: 9-12 | 519 students
330 Glenn C Gant Cir
Dora, AL 35062
(205) 648-6863 7.7 9-12 519
Amazing school! Academics are the main priority, as well as, The people there accept you no matter what race. We have white, Asian, Hispanic, black and everyone is loved and accepted.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Karson
More concerned with athletes than academics. No surprise, I guess. In this state we care more about sweaty guys throwing a ball than intelligence or the arts.
- Posted by Parent - Zac
I would not recommend this school beause it is letting the math instructor off so easily reagarding how to shoot OBama. Secondly, when I looked at your ethnic mix, there is none. You are an all white school, obviously notoriously biased, and, because you have accepted this teacher's analogy without question or punishment, you are obviously fundamentalists of the first degree.
- Posted by Administrator - DPisa