Curtsinger Elementary School
Curtsinger Elementary School serves 563 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Curtsinger Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 78% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 74% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
Curtsinger Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Curtsinger Elementary School's student population of 563 students has declined by 30% over five school years.
The teacher population of 39 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Curtsinger Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Curtsinger Elementary School is 0.67, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#349 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (17-18)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Curtsinger Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
How Has the Pandemic Changed Public School?
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?
At the 20-Year Mark, Are Charter Schools Making the Grade?
On the 20th anniversary of the opening of the first charter school, are these schools really offering an attractive option to the standard neighborhood school? We’ll explore the evidence.
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.