Dartmouth Middle School
Dartmouth Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Dartmouth Middle School's student population of 965 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 77 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||965 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dartmouth Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#634 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dartmouth School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Dartmouth James M. Quinn School Grades: K-5 | 617 students
529 Hawthorn Street
North Dartmouth, MA 02747
(508)997-3178 0.2 K-5 617
- New Bedford Alma Del Mar Charter School Grades: K-7 | 324 students
515 Belleville Ave
New Bedford, MA 02746
(774)206-6827 1.7 K-7 324
- New Bedford John B Devalles Grades: K-5 | 338 students
120 Katherine Street
New Bedford, MA 02744
(508)997-4511 2.0 K-5 338
- South Dartmouth Joseph Demello Grades: 1-5 | 419 students
654 Dartmouth Street
South Dartmouth, MA 02748
(508)996-6750 2.0 1-5 419
- New Bedford City On A Hill Charter Public School New Bedford Grades: 9-11 | 177 students
384 Acushnet Ave
New Bedford, MA 02740
(508)985-6400 2.1 9-11 177
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.