Davis Elementary School
- Davis Elementary School's student population of 375 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||375 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Davis Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1282 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Decatur School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Decatur Decatur High School Grades: 9-12 | 227 students
110 Cedar St
Decatur, MI 49045
(269) 423-6851 0.0 9-12 227
- Decatur Decatur Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 167 students
405 North Phelps St
Decatur, MI 49045
(269) 423-6851 0.0 6-8 167
- Marcellus Volinia Outcome Base School Grades: 7-12 | 38 students
54080 Gards Pr
Marcellus, MI 49067
(269) 782-9716 7.0 7-12 38
- Dowagiac Kincheloe Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 296 students
25121 Gage St
Dowagiac, MI 49047
(269) 782-4464 7.4 K-5 296
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.