Davis Thomas Elementary Middle School
- Davis Thomas Elementary Middle School's student population of 200 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Davis Thomas Elementary Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tucker County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Davis Davis Center Grades: 9-12 | 31 students
141 Forestry Camp Road
Davis, WV 26260
(304)259-5252 2.8 9-12 31
- Hambleton Tucker County High School Grades: 9-12 | 302 students
116 Mountain Lion Way
Hambleton, WV 26269
(304)478-2651 4.8 9-12 302
- Hambleton Tucker Valley Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 476 students
81 Tucker Valley Road
Hambleton, WV 26269
(304)478-3606 9.9 PK-8 476
- Rowlesburg Rowlesburg School Grades: PK-8 | 101 students
46 Center Street
Rowlesburg, WV 26425
(304)454-9311 11.3 PK-8 101
- Aurora Aurora Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 164 students
125 Aurora School Road
Aurora, WV 26705
(304)735-3781 12.7 PK-8 164
Nearby Homes for Sale
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.