Dayton Intermediate School
- Dayton Intermediate School's student population of 371 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||371 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dayton Intermediate School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
|Overall School Rank||#310 out of 620 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lyon County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dayton Dayton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 459 students
285 Dayton Valley Rd
Dayton, NV 89403
(775)246-6262 0.2 PK-6 459
- Dayton Sutro Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 404 students
190 Dayton Village Parkway
Dayton, NV 89403
(775)246-6270 2.4 PK-6 404
- Dayton Riverview Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 435 students
1200 Ferretto Pkwy
Dayton, NV 89403
(775)246-6170 5.0 PK-6 435
- Virginia City Virginia City High School Grades: 9-12 | 128 students
95 S. R Street
Virginia City, NV 89440
(775)847-0992 6.0 9-12 128
I feel that in 2019, it has improved very much. The teachers really seem to care now but they don''t really seem to care about clothing. Either that or they dress code girls that are following the rule. The teachers really try to help improve our understanding of everything. Some teachers are nicer than others but teachers really have tried to help us now. There are many pros now rather than cons.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Not needed
1) Lack of tools to learn i.e.; textbooks, pencils, even teachers,etc. 2) SECOND TO LAST IN THE U.S. FOR EDUCATION 3) Verbal abusement everyday by teachers go unreported but will be seen 4) Principal Flaherety is not fit for her job. She doesn't care about how the children need to learn. She has only been in this position for only 1 year 1/2 and she has sent more than 1/2 the school to APEP. NOT A GOOD SCHOOL!! DO NOT ENROLL HERE!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - shord
ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMENDING!! As a child going here , I feel like my brains are being melted in a pot filled with dumb teachers that want to make us as red-neck as possible. DON'T SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lilkf
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.