Deep Creek - Damascus K-8 School
- Deep Creek - Damascus K-8 School's student population of 434 students has grown by 161% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 122% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||434 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Deep Creek - Damascus K-8 School's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OR)|
|Overall School Rank||#231 out of 1,194 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gresham-Barlow SD 10J School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandy Boring Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 400 students
27801 Se Dee St
Sandy, OR 97055
(503)668-9393 1.9 6-8 400
- Sandy Naas Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 370 students
12240 Se School Ave
Sandy, OR 97055
(503)668-4454 1.9 K-5 370
- Clackamas Verne A Duncan Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 575 students
14898 Se Parklane Dr
Clackamas, OR 97015
(503)353-3270 3.5 K-5 575
- Happy Valley Scouters Mountain Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 532 students
10811 Se 172nd Ave
Happy Valley, OR 97086
(503)353-3250 3.9 K-5 532
- Damascus Lewis And Clark Montessori Charter School Grades: K-8 | 341 students
15600 Se 232nd Dr
Damascus, OR 97089
(503)427-0803 4.0 K-8 341
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.