Dexter Elementary School
- Dexter Elementary School's student population of 484 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||484 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dexter Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NM)|
|Overall School Rank||#396 out of 819 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dexter Consolidated s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hagerman Hagerman Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 187 students
406 North Cambridge
Hagerman, NM 88232
(505)752-3254 6.3 PK-5 187
- Lake Arthur Lake Arthur Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 37 students
Lake Arthur, NM 88253
(505)365-2000 13.9 PK-5 37
- Roswell Berrendo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 408 students
505 West Pine Lodge Rd
Roswell, NM 88201
(505)627-2511 19.6 K-5 408
- Artesia Artesia High School Grades: 10-12 | 859 students
1006 West Richardson
Artesia, NM 88210
(505)746-3585 24.9 10-12 859
- Carlsbad Ocotillo Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 566 students
2106 Captain Williams Ln
Carlsbad, NM 88220
(575)628-4498 51.8 1-5 566
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.