- Discovery Academy's student population of 321 students has grown by 41% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 150% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Discovery Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,247 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2436 out of 3247 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Discovery Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toledo Grove Patterson Academy Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 386 students
3020 Marvin Ave
Toledo, OH 43606
(419)671-3350 0.7 K-8 386
- Toledo Elmhurst Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 512 students
4530 Elmhurst Rd
Toledo, OH 43613
(419)671-3550 0.8 K-8 512
- Toledo Hope Learning Academy Of Toledo Grades: K-8 | 61 students
4234 Monroe St
Toledo, OH 43606
(877)644-6338 0.9 K-8 61
- Toledo Monac Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 505 students
3845 Clawson Ave
Toledo, OH 43623
(419)473-8289 1.2 K-6 505
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.