Dooley Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Dooley Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Dooley Elementary School's student population of 1092 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,092 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dooley Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has decreased from 29:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Dooley Elementary School is Long Beach Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Long Beach Unified School District's student population of 77,565 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,428 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,395 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Long Beach Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||77,565||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$858 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$855 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,428||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,395||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Lindsey Academy Grades: 6-8 | 777 students
5075 Daisy Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562)423-6451 0.2 6-8 777
- Long Beach Select Community Day (secondary) Grades: 7-12 | 8 students
2221 Argonne Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90815
(562)422-0357 0.2 7-12 8
- Long Beach Addams Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 928 students
5320 Pine Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562)428-0202 0.4 K-5 928
- Long Beach Barton Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 605 students
1100 E. Del Amo Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90807
(562)428-0555 0.9 K-5 605
- Long Beach Lindbergh Stem Academy Grades: 6-8 | 660 students
1022 E. Market St.
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562)422-2845 0.9 6-8 660
This school rushes through the curriculum to keep state funding. It does not appear that they take the individual students abilities and learning styles into consideration. Some of the teachers and counselors are rude and seem not to like children. I have witnesses this first hand! There is not enough diversity at this school, which seems to cater to more hispanics.
- Posted by Parent - leyas
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.