Dora L Small Elementary School
- Dora L Small Elementary School's student population of 307 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||307 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dora L Small Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#130 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Portland Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Portland Daniel F. Mahoney Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 309 students
240 Ocean St.
South Portland, ME 04106
(207)799-7386 1.0 6-8 309
- Portland Howard C Reiche Community School Grades: PK-5 | 434 students
166 Brackett St
Portland, ME 04102
(207)874-8175 1.8 PK-5 434
- Portland Portland High School Grades: 9-12 | 740 students
284 Cumberland Av
Portland, ME 04101
(207)874-8250 1.8 9-12 740
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.