Dr. Helen Baldwin Middle School
- Dr. Helen Baldwin Middle School's student population of 206 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dr. Helen Baldwin Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#603 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Canterbury School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canterbury Canterbury Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 260 students
67 Kitt Rd.
Canterbury, CT 06331
(860)546-6744 0.8 PK-4 260
- Plainfield Plainfield Memorial School Grades: 4-5 | 344 students
95 Canterbury Rd.
Plainfield, CT 06374
(860)564-6440 2.6 4-5 344
- Plainfield Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 20 students
651 Norwich Rd.
Plainfield, CT 06374
(860)564-6400 3.5 PK 20
- Central Village Plainfield High School Grades: 9-12 | 669 students
105 Putnam Rd.
Central Village, CT 06332
(860)564-6417 4.3 9-12 669
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.