Canterbury Elementary School
- Canterbury Elementary School's student population of 260 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Canterbury Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#491 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||CANTERBURY SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canterbury Dr. Helen Baldwin Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 206 students
45 Westminster Rd.
Canterbury, CT 06331
(860)546-9421 0.8 5-8 206
- Plainfield Plainfield Memorial School Grades: 4-5 | 344 students
95 Canterbury Rd.
Plainfield, CT 06374
(860)564-6440 3.3 4-5 344
- Plainfield Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 20 students
651 Norwich Rd.
Plainfield, CT 06374
(860)564-6400 4.2 PK 20
- Central Village Plainfield High School Grades: 9-12 | 669 students
105 Putnam Rd.
Central Village, CT 06332
(860)564-6417 4.7 9-12 669
Learn how you and your child can get on a teacher’s “good side” with these five strategies.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.