Gales Ferry School
Gales Ferry School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Gales Ferry School's student population of 286 students has grown by 48% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ledyard School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gales Ferry Juliet W. Long School Grades: 3-6 | 289 students
Gales Ferry, CT 06335
(860) 464-2780 0.0 3-6 289
- Uncasville Mohegan School Grades: K-5 | 345 students
49 Golden Rd.
Uncasville, CT 06382
(860) 848-9261 2.1 K-5 345
- Ledyard Ledyard Center School Grades: K-6 | 413 students
740 Colonel Ledyard Hwy.
Ledyard, CT 06339
(860) 464-8080 2.9 K-6 413
- Norwich Veterans' Memorial School Grades: K-5 | 313 students
80 Crouch Ave.
Norwich, CT 06360
(860) 823-4209 3.5 K-5 313
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.