Veterans' Memorial School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 222 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 9:1
- Minority Enrollment: 74%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40-44% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
35-39% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 48% CT state average), while 40-44% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 58% CT state average).
How many students attend Veterans' Memorial School?
222 students attend Veterans' Memorial School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
35% of Veterans' Memorial School students are Hispanic, 26% of students are White, 21% of students are Black, 9% of students are Two or more races, 8% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Veterans' Memorial School?
Veterans' Memorial School has a student ration of 9:1, which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Veterans' Memorial School offer ?
Veterans' Memorial School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Veterans' Memorial School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities