Dr William Long Elementary School
Dr William Long Elementary School serves 900 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Dr William Long Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 62% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 49% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
Dr William Long Elementary School's student population of 900 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 49 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Dr William Long Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Dr William Long Elementary School is 0.02, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#2172 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Dr William Long Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Career Paths: Medical Vocational Programs for High School Students
Teenagers can begin preparing for a medical career right in high school. Learn about public high school programs that are preparing students for a medical career immediately upon graduation.
Can Sugar-Free Schools Improve Student Development And Grades?
Learn about how sugar-free public schools enjoy improved student behavior, higher test scores, and healthier students.
The Latest Public School Initiatives Against Gang Activity
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.