Drummond Island Elementary School
- Drummond Island Elementary School's student population of 41 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Drummond Island Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1850 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||DeTour Area s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- De Tour Village Detour High School Grades: 7-12 | 79 students
202 South Division St
De Tour Village, MI 49725
(906)297-2011 8.2 7-12 79
- Cedarville Cedarville School Grades: K-12 | 232 students
298 East Highway M-134
Cedarville, MI 49719
(906)484-2256 29.7 K-12 232
- Pickford Pickford Public Schools Grades: K-12 | 383 students
333 South Pleasant St
Pickford, MI 49774
(906)647-4028 31.4 K-12 383
- Kincheloe Consolidated Community School Services Grades: 7-12 | 107 students
4900 West Davis Ct
Kincheloe, MI 49788
(906)495-7305 38.7 7-12 107
- Pointe Aux Pins Bois Blanc Pines School Grades: K-8 | 2 students
100 Sioux Ave
Pointe Aux Pins, MI 49775
(231)634-7225 40.5 K-8 2
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.