Eagle Ridge Elementary School
Eagle Ridge Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Eagle Ridge Elementary School's student population of 632 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||632 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eagle Ridge Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#350 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Douglas County No. Re 1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Littleton Fox Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 568 students
6585 Collegiate Drive
Littleton, CO 80130
(303)387-7000 0.7 PK-6 568
- Littleton Redstone Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 584 students
9970 Glenstone Circle
Littleton, CO 80130
(303)387-7300 1.4 PK-6 584
School teaches to the middle. Nothing for your students if they are behind or above grade average. In general, staff puts little extra effort into keeping kids engaged and advancing students at every academic level. The exception are the few Master Teachers at the school.
- Posted by Parent - sueca
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.