East Central Lower Elementary School
- East Central Lower Elementary School's student population of 527 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||527 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jackson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hurley East Central Upper Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 630 students
5400 Hurley-wade Rd.
Hurley, MS 39555
(228) 588-7019 0.6 3-5 630
- Wilmer Tanner Williams Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 307 students
13700 Tanner Williams Rd
Wilmer, AL 36587
(251) 221-1675 10.1 K-5 307
- Lucedale Agricola Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 518 students
6165 Hwy 613 S
Lucedale, MS 39452
(601) 947-8447 11.3 PK-6 518
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.