East Central Middle School
East Central Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- East Central Middle School's student population of 631 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||631 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Central Middle School is ranked within the top 20% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#89 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jackson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hurley East Central Upper Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 630 students
5400 Hurley-wade Rd.
Hurley, MS 39555
(228) 588-7019 0.0 3-5 630
- Hurley East Central Lower Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 527 students
5621 Hwy 614
Hurley, MS 39555
(228) 588-7060 0.6 PK-2 527
- Wilmer Tanner Williams Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 307 students
13700 Tanner Williams Rd
Wilmer, AL 36587
(251) 221-1675 10.5 K-5 307
- Lucedale Agricola Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 518 students
6165 Hwy 613 S
Lucedale, MS 39452
(601) 947-8447 11.1 PK-6 518
Fantastic school! Caring staff and excellent facilities!
- Posted by Parent - James
Quality of academic programs - Poor Availability of music, art, sports and other - Poor extracurricular activities - Poor Academic or athletic awards - Poor Facilities -Poor Level of parent involvement - Could be great. Except no one wishes to deal with the staff.
- Posted by Parent - daveb
One of the worst schools in the State.
- Posted by Parent - amber