East Central Upper Elementary School
East Central Upper Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- East Central Upper Elementary School's student population of 630 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||630 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Central Upper Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#148 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jackson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hurley East Central Lower Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 527 students
5621 Hwy 614
Hurley, MS 39555
(228) 588-7060 0.6 PK-2 527
- Wilmer Tanner Williams Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 307 students
13700 Tanner Williams Rd
Wilmer, AL 36587
(251) 221-1675 10.5 K-5 307
- Lucedale Agricola Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 518 students
6165 Hwy 613 S
Lucedale, MS 39452
(601) 947-8447 11.1 PK-6 518
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.