East Clayton Elementary School
East Clayton Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- East Clayton Elementary School's student population of 585 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||585 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Clayton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1362 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clayton County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morrow Morrow High School Grades: 9-12 | 2051 students
2299 Old Rex Morrow Rd
Morrow, GA 30260
(404)362-3865 1.5 9-12 2051
- Morrow Thurgood Marshall Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 933 students
5885 Maddox Rd
Morrow, GA 30260
(404)675-8019 1.6 PK-5 933
- Rex Adamson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 603 students
3187 Rex Rd
Rex, GA 30273
(770)968-2925 1.8 6-8 603
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.