East Robeson Primary
East Robeson Primary serves 519 students in grades Prekindergarten-3.
East Robeson Primary placed in the top 10% of all schools in North Carolina for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 42%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the North Carolina state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 79% of the student body (majority American Indian and Black), which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 54% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Students: 519 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 79%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in NC
- Math Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NC Dept. of Education
East Robeson Primary ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
East Robeson Primary's student population of 519 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
East Robeson Primary is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,571 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of East Robeson Primary is 0.79, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.69. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (NC)
Overall Testing Rank
#255 out of 2571 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NC Dept. of Education
Review East Robeson Primary. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.