Eaton Elementary School
Eaton Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Eaton Elementary School's student population of 476 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||476 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eaton Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 204 schools in District of Columbia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#10 out of 204 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||District Of Columbia School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Hearst Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 312 students
3950 37th St Nw
Washington, DC 20008
(202)282-0106 0.7 PK-5 312
- Washington Stoddert Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 438 students
4001 Calvert St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
(202)671-6030 1.0 PK-5 438
- Washington Hardy Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 392 students
1819 35th St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
(202)729-4350 1.2 6-8 392
- Washington Mann Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 400 students
4430 Newark St Nw
Washington, DC 20016
(202)282-0126 1.2 PK-5 400
Great elementary school with fantastic teachers, staff and a wonderful parent community. The learning cottages look like Swiss chalets and are very nice! They organized several busses in the morning and afternoon between them and the old school location. The Christmas tree sale is also very convenient. They have good pine trees (Fraser fir and another kind), wreaths and a few accessories at good prices.
- Posted by Parent - Nico
Excellent school. The teachers are wonderful. Great communication from staff. Learning and teaching the WHOLE child is the priority. Strong parent engagement.
- Posted by Parent - Dale.
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.