Duke Ellington School Of The Arts
Duke Ellington School Of The Arts places among the top 20% of public schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Duke Ellington School Of The Arts's student population of 537 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 40% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||537 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
|Overall School Rank||#93 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||11:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||of Columbia Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Hardy Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 374 students
1819 35th St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
(202)729-4350 0.1 6-8 374
- Washington Stoddert Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 435 students
4001 Calvert St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
(202)671-6030 0.8 PK-5 435
- Washington Dc Scholars Pcs Grades: PK-7 | 505 students
5601 E Capitol Se
Washington, DC 20019
(202)559-6138 1.3 PK-7 505
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.