Hyde Addison Elementary School
Hyde Addison Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Hyde Addison Elementary School's student population of 316 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||316 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hyde Addison Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 200 schools in District of Columbia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||District Of Columbia School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Duke Ellington School Of The Arts Grades: 9-12 | 525 students
2501 11th St Nw
Washington, DC 20001
(202)282-0123 0.5 9-12 525
- Washington Hardy Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 374 students
1819 35th St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
(202)729-4350 0.6 6-8 374
- Washington Dc Scholars Pcs Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 446 students
5601 E Capitol Se
Washington, DC 20011
(202)559-6138 0.9 PK-6 446
Excellent teachers and management. Osome and Very good place children to flourish.
- Posted by Parent - Aleme
Why is a new attendance zone being added to this school? It looks like there has been a sharp increase in attendance in the past five years. How will the new attendance zone impact the demographics of the school?
- Posted by Parent - btl22