Elwood Haynes Elementary School
Elwood Haynes Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Elwood Haynes Elementary School's student population of 739 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||739 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Elwood Haynes Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1579 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kokomo School Corporation School District|
Nearby Public Schools
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.