Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 173 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 27%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MI
- Math Proficiency: 11-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 20-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Emerson School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Emerson School's ranking?
Emerson School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for: Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%) and Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
11-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while 20-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
How many students attend Emerson School?
173 students attend Emerson School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
73% of Emerson School students are White, 19% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Emerson School?
Emerson School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Emerson School offer ?
Emerson School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Emerson School part of?
Emerson School is part of Ionia Public Schools School District.
Review Emerson School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities