Ernest Horn Elementary School
- Ernest Horn Elementary School's student population of 479 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||479 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ernest Horn Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#718 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Iowa City Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Iowa City Lincoln Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 236 students
300 Teeters Court
Iowa City, IA 52246
(319)688-1130 1.2 PK-6 236
- Coralville Central Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 458 students
501 6th St
Coralville, IA 52241
(319)688-1100 1.7 PK-6 458
- Iowa City Weber Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 423 students
3850 Rohret Road
Iowa City, IA 52246
(319)688-1170 1.8 K-6 423
- Iowa City Horace Mann Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 258 students
521 N Dodge St
Iowa City, IA 52245
(319)688-1145 2.2 PK-6 258
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.