Excellence Academy Charter School
Excellence Academy Charter School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Excellence Academy Charter School's student population of 196 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Excellence Academy Charter School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1057 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City of Monroe School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monroe J.s. Clark Magnet Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 451 students
1207 Washington Street
Monroe, LA 71201
(318)322-8976 0.2 PK-6 451
- West Monroe Crosley Elementary School Grades: PK-K | 205 students
700 Natchitoches Street
West Monroe, LA 71291
(318)325-3634 1.1 PK-K 205
- Monroe Carver Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 363 students
1700 Orange Street
Monroe, LA 71202
(318)322-4245 1.3 PK-6 363
- West Monroe Riverbend Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 368 students
700 Austin Avenue
West Monroe, LA 71292
(318)361-0155 1.3 1-5 368
- Monroe Robert E. Lee Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 409 students
1600 North 19th Street
Monroe, LA 71201
(318)323-1143 1.3 7-8 409
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.