Firwood Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 436 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 27%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in OR
- Math Proficiency: 45-49% (Top 30%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OR Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
45-49% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% OR state average), while 60-64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 54% OR state average).
How many students attend Firwood Elementary School?
436 students attend Firwood Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
73% of Firwood Elementary School students are White, 17% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Firwood Elementary School?
Firwood Elementary School has a student ration of 22:1, which is higher than the Oregon state average of 17:1.
What grades does Firwood Elementary School offer ?
Firwood Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
Review Firwood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities