Floyd Dryden Middle School
- School Type: Online School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 350 students
- State Accredited: No
- Live Instruction: No
- Rolling Enrollment: No
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 64%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in AK
- Math Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AK Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20-24% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% AK state average), while 25-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 44% AK state average).
How many students attend Floyd Dryden Middle School?
350 students attend Floyd Dryden Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
36% of Floyd Dryden Middle School students are White, 22% of students are Two or more races, 16% of students are American Indian, 10% of students are Hispanic, 9% of students are Asian, and 7% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Floyd Dryden Middle School?
Floyd Dryden Middle School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Alaska state average of 13:1.
What grades does Floyd Dryden Middle School offer ?
Floyd Dryden Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Floyd Dryden Middle School part of?
Floyd Dryden Middle School is part of Juneau Borough School District.
Review Floyd Dryden Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities