Folly Quarter Middle School
Folly Quarter Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Folly Quarter Middle School's student population of 634 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||634 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Folly Quarter Middle School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#138 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Howard County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellicott City Triadelphia Ridge Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 528 students
13400 Triadelphia Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410)313-2560 0.2 K-5 528
- Glenelg Glenelg High School Grades: 9-12 | 1248 students
14025 Burnt Woods Rd
Glenelg, MD 21737
(410)313-5528 1.3 9-12 1248
- Dayton Dayton Oaks Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 646 students
4691 Ten Oaks Rd
Dayton, MD 21036
(410)313-1571 1.5 PK-5 646
- Glenwood Glenwood Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 561 students
2680 Rt 97
Glenwood, MD 21738
(410)313-5520 3.1 6-8 561
- Glenwood Bushy Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 623 students
14601 Carrs Mill Rd
Glenwood, MD 21738
(410)313-5500 3.2 PK-5 623
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.