Folly Quarter Middle School
Folly Quarter Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Folly Quarter Middle School's student population of 634 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||634 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Folly Quarter Middle School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Folly Quarter Middle School is Howard County School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Howard County School District's student population of 54,870 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $16,405 in this district is less than the state average of $16,454. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $15,950 is less than the state average of $16,634. The district spending/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
|School District Name||Howard County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||54,870||17,941|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$854 MM||$295 MM|
|District Spending||$830 MM||$298 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$16,405||$16,454|
|District Spending / Student||$15,950||$16,634|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellicott City Triadelphia Ridge Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 528 students
13400 Triadelphia Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410)313-2560 0.2 K-5 528
- Glenelg Glenelg High School Grades: 9-12 | 1248 students
14025 Burnt Woods Rd
Glenelg, MD 21737
(410)313-5528 1.3 9-12 1248
- Dayton Dayton Oaks Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 646 students
4691 Ten Oaks Rd
Dayton, MD 21036
(410)313-1571 1.5 PK-5 646
- Glenwood Glenwood Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 561 students
2680 Rt 97
Glenwood, MD 21738
(410)313-5520 3.1 6-8 561
- Glenwood Bushy Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 623 students
14601 Carrs Mill Rd
Glenwood, MD 21738
(410)313-5500 3.2 PK-5 623
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.