Forreston Grade School
Forreston Grade School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Forreston Grade School's student population of 258 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-5|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Forreston Grade School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,679 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1231 out of 3679 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Forrestville Valley CUSD 221 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Forreston Grade School is Forreston Jr/sr High School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forreston Forreston Jr/sr High School Grades: 6-12 | 453 students
Po Box 665
Forreston, IL 61030
(815)938-2175 0.0 6-12 453
- German Valley German Valley Grade School Grades: PK-1 | 142 students
Po Box 74
German Valley, IL 61039
(815)362-2279 0.0 PK-1 142
- Shannon Eastland Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 317 students
601 S Chestnut St
Shannon, IL 61078
(815)864-2300 8.7 PK-6 317
- Mount Morris David L Rahn Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 201 students
105 W Brayton Rd
Mount Morris, IL 61054
(815)732-5300 9.1 7-8 201
- Polo Aplington Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 123 students
610 E Mason St
Polo, IL 61064
(815)946-2519 9.8 6-8 123
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.