Fort Miami Elementary School
- Fort Miami Elementary School's student population of 341 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fort Miami Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,247 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#594 out of 3247 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Maumee City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Maumee Wayne Trail Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 352 students
1147 Seventh St
Maumee, OH 43537
(419)893-2851 1.1 3-5 352
- Toledo Beverly Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 672 students
3548 S Detroit Ave
Toledo, OH 43614
(419)671-2600 1.2 K-8 672
- Maumee Maumee High School Grades: 9-12 | 658 students
1147 Saco St
Maumee, OH 43537
(419)893-8778 1.2 9-12 658
- Perrysburg Woodland Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 543 students
27979 White Rd
Perrysburg, OH 43551
(419)874-8736 1.4 PK-4 543
- Maumee Fairfield Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 298 students
1313 Eastfield Dr
Maumee, OH 43537
(419)893-9821 1.6 K-3 298
Maumee has rezoned to let riff-raff in. Teachers carry walkie talkies to call back-up staff due to unruly students. My daughter was exposed to inappropriate language and behavior in kindergarten from other classmates, some that just open the classroom door and leave if they wanted! I recommend moving to Perrysburg, otherwise you''re children are basically going to TPS. Maumee schools have changed to TPS.
- Posted by Parent - Concerned parent
They have a general lack of concern for a child's safety. my child has been put on the wrong bus several times and they act like my concern is unwarranted. They are EXTREMELY UNORGANIZED. The registration process was ridiculous. They didn't have all the papers together, I had to run back and forth to get them and fill them out then had to do it all over again after they misplaced them. It has only been 2 months into the year and I am considering transferring him to another school and filing a complaint with the Board Of Education. Maumee schools are not what they used to be.
- Posted by Parent - tiern
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.