Franklin Elementary School
Franklin Elementary School serves 545 students in grades 1-5.
Franklin Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in New Jersey for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 83% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 44%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 85% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 57%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the New Jersey state level of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the New Jersey state average of 59% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 1-5
- Students: 545 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 21%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in NJ
- Math Proficiency: 83% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 85% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NJ Dept. of Education
Franklin Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Franklin Elementary School's student population of 545 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Franklin Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,221 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Franklin Elementary School is 0.36, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (NJ)
Overall Testing Rank
#83 out of 2221 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (03-04)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NJ Dept. of Education
Review Franklin Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.