Frederic Remington High School
- Frederic Remington High School's student population of 177 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Frederic Remington High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#754 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Remington-Whitewater School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Whitewater Remington Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 152 students
316 E Topeka
Whitewater, KS 67154
(316)799-2131 2.7 5-8 152
- Potwin Remington Elementary At Potwin Grades: PK-4 | 201 students
200 E Ellis
Potwin, KS 67123
(620)752-3239 4.2 PK-4 201
- Benton Circle Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 278 students
14697 Sw 20th
Benton, KS 67017
(316)778-1470 11.0 7-8 278
- Benton Circle Benton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 206 students
350 S Kansas St
Benton, KS 67017
(316)778-1151 11.6 PK-6 206
- Towanda Circle Towanda Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 274 students
516 North St
Towanda, KS 67144
(316)536-2281 12.0 PK-6 274
I went to Remington , graduated in "66" It was great. Times were different of course but we still received a great education and had fun at the same time.. The only thing I have missed is REUNIONS. Which we have only had 2. Would love to see all the people. Was going to say older, but I haven't gotten there yet. LOL!! My name was Leierer when I went to Remington..
- Posted by Student/Alumni - sleie
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.